Eligibility and Assessment criteria for the Trustee of the Year Award
This award aims to shine a light on voluntary trustees who have made an extraordinary contribution to an organisation. Any trustee [i.e. board member, committee member, etc] of an organisation’s board can be nominated.
- Question: Tell us about the issue of issues this project/organisation/campaign is tackling and why it is important
Assessment Criteria: Clarity on the project/organisation/campaign’s vision, mission & purpose. Why was the organisation set up? What is it trying to change or do? Why is it important to do this?
- Question: Describe the nominee’s involvement with the organisation.
Assessment Criteria: what are the issues the organisation is tackling; what are the issues facing the organisation; how well has the nominee impacted on these? What is the nominee’s role? How did they get involved? How long have they been a Trustee?
- Question: What special qualities and skills does the nominee bring to their role as Trustee?
- Question: How has the nominee’s involvement had a positive impact on the organisation
and the people it serves. Give a specific example of their impact on the organistion.
Assessment Criteria [for both questions above]: Consider what is inspiring, creative,
innovative and unique about the nominee and their value to the organisation. Consider any
special skills, experience or qualities that make them stand out. Consider how the organisation
and the people it serves have benefited from the nominee’s involvement.
- Question: How is the organisation transparent and accountable?
Assessment Criteria: Consider how the organisation is accountable and how the public can find out about its finances and governance. Consider any relevant codes or standards with which the organisation complies.
Shortlisting, Voting and Judging:
- Each application that fulfills the Eligibility Criteria for their category [see above] will be published on www.charityimpactawards.ie
A shortlist of 5 entries will be drawn up for each category, using the specific Assessment Criteria. The Shortlisting Process is carried out by The Wheel staff. See detail of the Shortlisting process here [include hyperlink to the detail]
The shortlisted entries will be open to public voting from 12th November to 3 rd December 2018.
A weighting of 33.33% will be given to the public voting. Within each category, it will work as follows:
- the total number of votes is counted and each of the 5 organisations is given a percentage based on its percentage of that overall vote e.g. if the total votes are 2,000, and one organisation gets 800 votes out of that total, it will be assigned 40% of that overall vote. This 40% will provide 33.33% of the total score for that application.
- The judging will be done by a panel of judges, details of which will be available on the Charity Impact Awards website prior to the judging taking place, using the specific
- Assessment Criteria.
- A weighting of 66.66% will be given to the judge’s results. Within each category, it works as follows:
- Judges scoring – each organisation will be marked out of 100 and as with the public voting, each organisation will be given a weighting based on its score as a percentage of the overall score for the category e.g. if the scoring for the 5 organisations is 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70 that is a total of 300 marks in total, the organisation that gets 50 out of the 300 total will be given a percentage of 16.67%. This 16.67% will provide 66.66% of the total score for that application.